Head of HR
The Alicante ELLIS Unit Foundation is a newly created nonprofit private foundation headquartered in Alicante, Spain, devoted to scientific research on human-centric Artificial Intelligence. Hence, its name “The Institute for Human(ity) Centric AI” (IHCAI). It is part of the network of 35 ELLIS units.
This is an exciting time to join the IHCAI as it is in its early days and the HR manager will have the opportunity to have significant impact in defining IHCAI’s HR processes and culture and making it grow.
- Define, create, and implement all HR policies in the areas of personnel selection, development, professional growth, working culture and processes, compensation, health and safety and administration.
- Be the point of contact between upper management and the rest of the organization
- Talent search: evaluation and selection of recruitment companies (if applicable), evaluation of potential candidates for open positions
- Talent onboarding: planning, recruiting, selection and onboarding of new employees and visitors. Supporting new employees with administrative procedures (social security, NIE, registration in the townhall, etc.…). Creation of an onboarding guide for new employees (particularly those who will move from abroad). Evaluation and selection of temporary housing for new employees
- Personnel administration and management: supervision and coordination of the administrative tasks (contracts, payroll management, social security and taxes, management of leaves, vacation, and social benefits)
- Compensation management: design the compensation model according to the Foundation’s budget and the current market values. Incentive policies, benefits, and flexible compensation plans
- Good praxis and labor climate: performance evaluation, labor climate studies, career development plan design and motivation strategies for employees, diversity strategy, work-life balance, etc.…
- Travel: Design of the Foundation’s travel policies and travel procedures
- Labor relations: labor conflicts, acting in some cases as a spokesperson of the Foundation in labor-related issues.
- Labor annual calendar definition and all the elements related to the working hours, vacations, registration of working hours, etc.…
- Ensure that the Foundation complies with all applicable labor legislation, making the necessary updates and follow-ups as needed
- Develop strategies, methods, and programs to develop and retain talent
- Make and manage the annual personnel budget, working in collaboration with the Head of Operations
- Define and achieve the KPIs of the HR area
Skills and Characteristics
- Deep commitment to the ELLIS and the ELLIS Unit Alicante Foundation’s mission and core values.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and strong team player with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
- Creative, innovative, autonomous, and highly motivated individual.
- Clear internal customer and objective orientation.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with different profiles in the organization, from new employees to upper management and the board.
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal stakeholders, and to facilitate consensus.
- Capacity to work as part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team within a dynamic and growing organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word).
- High levels of proactivity and ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time and to prioritize dynamically depending on the needs.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, the Law, Business Administration, or related fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an HR function leading talent development, recruiting and labor relations.
- Experience in a technology-oriented or research-oriented organization is a plus. Experience working with or at a non-profit private Foundation is desirable
- Bilingual English-Spanish.
WORKING AT THE ELLIS UNIT ALICANTE FOUNDATION
We are focused on hiring and developing great people, giving them autonomy, and maintaining high expectations to help team members grow. Our core values are:
- We strive for excellence and pursue our mission with passion.
- We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and out-of-the-box thinking.
- We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards. We trust you will too.
- We understand that our ultimate success depends on that of our partners and funding agencies. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships.
- We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We hope having fun at work is important to you and that you are a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. The annual target salary range will be competitive and will depend on seniority and experience.
The ELLIS Unit Alicante Foundation offers an attractive working environment in Alicante, a Mediterranean city with mild year-long weather and outstanding quality of life. The Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in Spain.
The Alicante ELLIS Unit Foundation seeks candidates who can start by October 1st, 2021, with the possibility of starting earlier.
To apply, please fill our your application here