The Alicante ELLIS Unit Foundation is a newly created nonprofit private foundation headquartered in Alicante, Spain, devoted to scientific research on human-centric Artificial Intelligence. Hence, its name “The Institute for Human(ity) Centric AI” (IHCAI). It is part of the network of 30 ELLIS units.
This is an exciting time to join the IHCAI as it is in its early days and the office manager will have the opportunity to have significant impact in defining IHCAI’s culture and making it grow. This is a position reporting to the Foundation’s Director.
- Perform reception duties: greet visitors, answer, and direct phone calls and provide general support to visitors (both external and internal), and ensure the meeting rooms are set up and ready to use, etc.
- Organize and support all administrative activities in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Manage office supplies inventory (both office materials and food/drink) and place orders when required.
- Provide administrative support to the Foundation’s director and in general tasks, such as maintaining calendars, updated the website, producing reports, or creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Support with making travel arrangements, including, booking accommodation, flights, and trains. Responsible for managing and controlling expense reports, including travel expense reports.
- Initiate and support the organization of events by sourcing venues, arranging visitors’ travel, lodging, and catering as and when required.
Skills and Characteristics
- Deep commitment to the ELLIS and the ELLIS Unit Alicante Foundation’s mission and core values.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and strong team player with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word).
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders, and to facilitate consensus.
- Capacity to work as part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team within a dynamic and growing organization.
- Excellent judgement, tact, ethics and diplomacy.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- International Executive Secretarial Education, Executive Administrative Education or similar.
- 5+ years of professional experience in office management or relevant role in a fast-paced, technology and international environment. Work experience in research centers is a plus.
- Bilingual English-Spanish.
WORKING AT THE ELLIS UNIT ALICANTE FOUNDATION
We are focused on hiring and developing great people, giving them autonomy, and maintaining high expectations to help team members grow. Our core values are:
- We strive for excellence and pursue our mission with passion.
- We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and out-of-the-box thinking.
- We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards. We trust you will too.
- We understand that our ultimate success depends on that of our partners and funding agencies. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships.
- We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We hope having fun at work is important to you and that you are a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. The annual target salary range will be competitive and will depend on seniority and experience.
The ELLIS Unit Alicante Foundation offers an attractive working environment in Alicante, a Mediterranean city with mild year-long weather and outstanding quality of life. The Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in Spain.
The Alicante ELLIS Unit Foundation seeks candidates who can start by October 1st, 2021, with the possibility of starting earlier.
To apply, please fill our your application here